Learning Of Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies have become an important part of the battle to stay clean since they've encouraged many people to live healthier lives by changing their lifestyles.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
The techniques of holistic medicine concentrate on the general person's health through traditional physical treatment of addiction is also present.
Some holistic therapies used are
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Guided meditation
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual healing
- Scheduled exercises
- Proper nutrition
- Therapy using Art
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Treating Addiction Using Holistic Therapy
In holistic therapy programs, addiction treatment methods that are not medical are applied based on an individual's needs. Holistic doctors treat not only symptoms of mental and physical addiction but also nutritional and emotional problems.
Holistic therapy can help a recovering addict by dealing with any potential obstacles such as lack of sleep, poor diet and emotional stress. Holistic schemes are adaptable to the individual requirements.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Discovering the cause of the addiction
- Helping individuals resist urges
- Promoting physical fitness
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Mid reflections to keeping the body in shape are some of the things involved in holistic therapy.
Some Holistic therapies include
- Nutritional Therapy
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Tangible healing can be provided to recovering addicts by focusing on proper nutrition.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Recreational Activities And Sport
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- Different types of activities are offered including; rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding, or hiking.
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- Some meditation practices offered include yoga and tai chi to aid in remaining focused and clearing the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
The best holistic therapy plans are based on established approaches to addiction healing. Medical supervision often becomes a necessity when looking forward to managing withdrawal symptoms from quitting alcohol and other central nervous system [CNS] depressants.
Traditional methods added by holistic techniques include
- Good medical care
- Personal psychological support
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Holistic Treatment Centres Near You
Most holistic rehabilitation centres provide holistic methods both as their outpatient and inpatient treatments. This is mainly because it is effective when used with the other known techniques of overcoming drug addiction. One can keep their health in check and still recover from the addiction when they use this and other techniques such as cognitive behavioural therapy. Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
All types of drug and alcohol addictions can be overcome by using the different techniques. There are many treatment facilities all over the nation offering individualized treatment plans.
Welcome to call us on 0800 246 1509 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.