Drug detox and withdrawal procedures are the essential primary stages in outlining a patient's drug treatment programme. Most of the time, the effects of these substances are what causes the brain to justify sustained intake and even shun good advice; thus, it is only advisable to allow a period of time with no drug use so that the patient can have steady frame of mind.
Users can clear their heads and consider their further treatment plans while detox process lasts. The idea is to get the individual to start to recognize the addiction and reduce and abolish drug use.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) TIP 45 regarding drug detox suggests that this stage of zero drug use is a favourable chance for the patient who's experiencing personal and medical difficulty to think about obtaining treatment.
Detox, as defined by SAMHSA, involves sequences of intervention which are intended to cope with withdrawal signs and critical intoxication. Detox isn't a component of a drug abuse treatment, instead it is a predecessor; it can go on for several days for some patients and for others, several months. With the help of detoxification specialists at Futures of Palm Beach, you can successfully treat your withdrawal symptoms and get yourself into a treatment plan that is individually designed with you in mind. It is strongly suggested that you opt for a long-term treatment plan because detox can't help with the emotional, mental, cognitive and social problems related to addiction.
Steps Of Drug Detox
Detoxification has three steps that should after it has been completed preferably shift the patient to an outpatient/inpatient recovery plan.
- It is vital to diagnose and evaluate a patient's addiction correctly for the suitable treatment plan to be successful.
- The appraisal level does more than identify the addiction and the level of use; it is also helpful in determining any underlying psychological or medical conditions or complications that may be co-occurring along with the drug abuse.
- Patients start withdrawal from alcohol or drugs with the procedure called stabilization.
- Obtaining a drug-free state needs to be a goal in mind for this stage.
- During this stage meds can be prescribed to assist with the addiction process, specifically when the patient used heavily in the past.
- A true acceptance and identification of addiction starts after patients succeed in having a balanced mind and stabilized thoughts.
- This lets patients find their role in the procedure and start the recovery program.
- Stimulating Admission Into Drug Treatment
- Statistics show that a large number of people who go through the detoxification process do not go further in search of treatment for their substance abuse problem.
- There are different reasons for this phenomenon but the bottom line is that those who seek further treatment, whether in or outpatient have higher chances of recovery and lower chances of relapse.
- There is a significance on addiction education and dedication to sobriety.
- Once detox is over and done with, the patient can continue with the treatment plans that the facility offers including inpatient or outpatient options.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
You are never too far gone to consider seeking treatment for an addiction Call Futures of Palm Beach today if addiction is controlling your life or the life of someone you know.
We have expert personnel committed to your well-being and a specialized dependency rehab centre. You can speak with a medical expert who can best decide how you can go on with having a life without drugs and what options you can pursue.